Monday, January 4, 2010
Your Health and the Titanic?
What does the sinking of the Titanic have to do with your health? Would you believe the connection is the iceberg?
The Titanic has made the iceberg a common topic since it’s sinking years ago. These amazing structures bulging out of the sea are something to behold. The part below the surface is even more breathtaking. The size above the surface is small in comparison to the portion which is lying unseen, underneath the sea.
Symptoms are like icebergs. The top is only an indication of the real problem below. Pain is only the tip of the iceberg.
Chiropractic focuses on the cause of your pain. An imbalance in your body can cause pain, but masking the pain will not return your body to a state of balance.
Try the following experiment to better understand this point:
1. Twist a rubber band around your index finger.
2. Leave it on your finger for at least 10 minutes.
What happens to your finger? Most likely it will turn red and start to hurt. Even go numb. You can choose from several options to deal with your pain:
1. Ignore it and hope it gets better.
2. Wiggle your finder to temporarily relieve the pain.
3. Take a lot of aspirin or Tylenol to mask the pain.
4. Cut your finger off!
5. Massage it, hoping to get more circulation.
6. Ask your chiropractor to help you by removing the cause (rubber band).
If you would like to learn more about Chiropractic and how it can help you by relieving the cause of your pain, visit our website at www.ArvadaChiropractor.com.
at 10:53 AM